Site Migration - post here with issues

scooter

Designer
Feb 23, 2009
uk
@scooter - your credits should be intact, if you have problems downloading --let me know.
nope no problems upping or downloading Jayhawk was just a bit confused as others are with the new look and lack of things like credits to look at. Over all everything is good :)

jayhawk

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2004
@scooter I added a credit doo-wop... top right hand corner of the nav bar or on the home page you should see credits now.

Reactions: ctaulbee

Wolfe999

Mar 23, 2005
Tasmania
Thanx for the explanation. Clarifying :)

In a few days you've polished all the things that didn't work for me. Great job indeed :yes:

jfkjax

Jul 11, 2013
south carolina
I've been with R1DB for a while now. Until the recent change of the site, I was able to download a couple of covers occasionally. Now when I try to download I get this message: "You have 0 credits, and you aren't in a group that has free downloads (23 groupID)". What do I need to do to be able to download a cover?

Reactions: Vashiro

Vashiro

May 4, 2014
USA
I've been with R1DB for a while now. Until the recent change of the site, I was able to download a couple of covers occasionally. Now when I try to download I get this message: "You have 0 credits, and you aren't in a group that has free downloads (23 groupID)". What do I need to do to be able to download a cover?
I've been wondering the same thing.

RayDawGGG

Jan 28, 2014
Cleveland
I still cannot download Covers...I am a Graphic designer with the knowledge and software to create custom covers.This site has inspired me.I have a scanner,yet the upload process is still buggy.When i try to upload i get redirected to the .js cancel cannot be found error??? i refresh then it works?? i think...also I'm still not clear on what dimensions a "disc" should be the directions state the dimensions for covers not labels.I don't want my uploads rejected or become banned due to a misunderstanding...also the link to the scanning tutorial doesn't work.

cem3203

Feb 23, 2006
istanbul
i was having a saved credits about 1050c (3 years subs. paid), are you able to fix my credits, thank you.

jayhawk

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2004
clear your cookies, cache--if you have the old site info cached, you could be creating more problems.

jayhawk

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2004
@cem3203 those aren't saved credits, subscription credits were only valid WITH a subscription. Saved credits were earned through contributing covers that were downloaded, or buy purchasing credits. Subscription based credits were good and never expired, but could only be used when you had a subscription active. We no longer offer a subscription like that, so there's no use in holding on to them.

There is an account upgrade now--that will allow you to download without the use of credits. http://r1db.com/account/upgrades - its only payable via bitcoin right now.

jfkjax

Jul 11, 2013
south carolina
Still can't download covers. Not sure what's going on. I just keep getting the message, "You have 0 credits, and you aren't in a group that has free downloads (23 groupID)". What does this mean, "23 groupID"? What do I have to do to download covers? Let me know what I have to do to download a cover.

jfkjax

Jul 11, 2013
south carolina
I clicked on the "BitPay" to buy 6 months of access for $16 USD. That doesn't work. It takes me to a BitPay screen, then it fails with a message "The address wasn't understood". How can I download a cover?

jayhawk

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2004
@jfkjax sounds like you're not terribly familiar with bitcoin... you need a client to use the URI that you're clicking on (if you clicked on a link on the bitpay screen). Otherwise, you just use your mobile device that you use for your bitcoin wallet (eg. blockchain.info) - and scan the QR code. That processes the transaction amount, and completes automatically. If you've not use bitcoin before, it's a bit of a learning curve.

the message you posted was changed quite a bit ago, so I'm not sure how you'd be seeing the old message. Try again.

jayhawk

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2004
@cem3203 you're mistaken. the subscription credit rule was in place at or before the time subscriptions were offered. The code was also in place before they were offered--so, unfortunately, you're not correct and subscription credits are no longer available.

original post from Jan 2009: http://r1db.com/threads/policy-change-implemented.10352/

Other random discussions clarifying:
http://r1db.com/threads/very-disappointed-in-the-credits-system.11822/#post-127411
http://r1db.com/threads/questions-about-credits.11665/#post-126028

You can probably use the search 'subscriptions' and read all day about it.

cem3203

Feb 23, 2006
istanbul
@jayhawk my payment older then your Jan 2009 post,
that was 500 credits instant + 3 credits every day ( for 3 years period ) + never expire for 75.- USD

jfkjax

Jul 11, 2013
south carolina
@jfkjax sounds like you're not terribly familiar with bitcoin... you need a client to use the URI that you're clicking on (if you clicked on a link on the bitpay screen). Otherwise, you just use your mobile device that you use for your bitcoin wallet (eg. blockchain.info) - and scan the QR code. That processes the transaction amount, and completes automatically. If you've not use bitcoin before, it's a bit of a learning curve.

the message you posted was changed quite a bit ago, so I'm not sure how you'd be seeing the old message. Try again.
JayHawk: Thank you for your consideration. You are correct, I am not at all familiar with BitCoin. I have again tried to download a cover and finally was able to do so. I don't know what you did, but you made it possible for me to download. THANK YOU. Again, I think your new site design is very well done. Good Work!

jayhawk

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2004
@jfkjax glad you are able to download now--bitcoin isn't all that bad, once you get used to it. Safest way to use money online :)

@cem3203 - you're correct, they never expire. but you CANT use them WITHOUT a subscription. Sorry you're not understanding, but the credits you had were not usable without a subscription. Subscriptions are no longer available--and have not been for a while. I'd been letting any credits work to download covers when paypal decided to deactivate my account and we couldn't take payments, made the site free... --that's no longer happening.