Xbox360 or PS3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Truebenk, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truebenk

Truebenk New Member Member

Whick ones is better. Cannot decide which one to get. Does anyone know how to hook up the xbox to a projector that is 20 feet away from the receivor. The accessory cable is not that long
  2. flaminio

flaminio Freshman Member

Why not both? Get a Wii too.
  3. gbk33

gbk33 Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

too early to tell on the reliable reviews yet. I have always been a PlayStation guy over Xbox. However, I did get a 360 and the online marketplace is vastly superior to the PS3 online content. The PS3 is still a baby could all change.
  4. Paper Pills

Paper Pills Sophomore Designer

at this time, if you had to choose would have to be the xbox 360 due to the advantage it has with having been out for a year already....but by next christmas, i think the playing field will be level as you know sony will saturate the market with games in 2007.

that being said, from a technology standpoint, though each has benefits the other doesn't, I think from a 1080p and dvd standpoint, ps3 might be better.
  5. SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay Member Member

the ps3 is better in my opinion and this race has always been about whether sony can pull it off (technology of the console). id rather give money to sony than microsoft anyday.
  6. tony8

tony8 New Member Member

i have to go for the ps3 in spite of how great the ps2 was, and because of the games the ps3 will get first such as grand theft auto final fantasy grand turismo etc.
  7. s8v4ovic

s8v4ovic Member Member

Isn't the XBOX a whole lot cheaper?..............for now anyway.
  8. JupiterPrime

JupiterPrime New Member Designer

what a rip off the whole industry is - for crying out loud have the forethought to develop a platform that wont need to be replaced every 1-2 years becasue a developer has a cool idea for a game but it wont play under the performance of the current console.

jeezus - just build a machine that will able to deal with VR Holographic tech already and at least make sure that it will play legacy, (backwards compatible) material, so you can at least a little money back trying to pawn off the previous console.
  9. donobieus

donobieus R1DB Lifer

I have a 360 and I love it. I havent tried out a PS3 yet but I'm sure that's cool as hell too. But seeing as I think the HD-DVD will win the format war and the 360 now has a cheap HD-DVD drive addon I think I'll stick with what I have.
  10. Paper Pills

silly silly man. you know the answer to your own question. guaranteed obsolescence is what drives this AND ALL industries.

@dono....i don't know what you have been hearing, but there is no clear winner in the hd-bluray battle so I can't say that the 360 is better for that reason
  11. donobieus

donobieus R1DB Lifer

Just my opinion PP. I havent bought the addon yet and probably wont until there is more evidence of a winner.
  12. Paper Pills

oh ok. i don't even have a favorite yet either. i guess whatever the industry decides on will be what i go with because i don't intend on buying a player until there is a clear winner.

that being said....i don't really know how many people out there, except in the case of buying the game console for the kids' rooms, actually use these consoles as their home entertaimnent system. using my group of friends as an example....every single one that has a console, no matter what it is, also has a kick ass dvd home theater perhaps the hd/bluray player aspect won't be a crucial selling point.
  13. trueblue77

trueblue77 New Member Member

heard that ps3 is having so much trouble that it will be a long time before its ok
    had a go of gears of war on the 360 yesterday and its superb think i have been convinced to get a 36 now
  14. robbottin

robbottin New Member Member

I own a xbox360; PS3 it's too expensive.
  15. Dittoz

Dittoz New Member Member

I can't see much of a difference between the two to be honest. So I'm going with the 360 since its a whole lot cheaper right now. But if you can afford it, go all out. Get both.
  16. Schylling

Schylling Sophomore Member

Just like Paper Pills said, I have both ps2 and xbox but watch movies on my home theatre. I'll wait till the dust settles!
  17. koentjexl

koentjexl Sophomore Member

I have a 360. When i bought this, i was sure that i would get a PS3 as well.
    But now i realise that i'm playing videogames less and less.
    Just don't have the time anymore. I even stopped buying games.
    I'm probably the only 360 owner who doesn't have Gears of War.
    Maybe in the future i will get back behind the console and maybe, maybe, i'll buy a PS3.
  18. blinx01

blinx01 New Member Member

I own a 360 and I have to say im fairly pleased with what it has offered so far. The best games on it so far have been original games, something I crave. I don't mind sequels but they tend to run out of ideas after so many. Im all for original games popping up and establishing themselves. 360 gives developers the chance to do that but I look at PS3 and all its so called 'best games' are all sequels such as MGS4, Tekken 6, FF13, DMC4...
  19. RickWJ324

RickWJ324 Member Member

PS3 price is ridiculous!

I was a big fan of the PS2, but it'll be a cold day in hades before I pay the price they are asking for the PS3. I could care less about getting a Blu-ray player and wish they had created a system with a standard dvd drive instead of blu-ray (which is why the system costs so much!) Until the HD vs BR war is over, I won't invest in either. Even when there is a true winner, I don't care if my game system plays those movies or not, as I don't watch movies on my game systems.

I was always a PS2 over Xbox kinda guy until I got into modding Xboxes! I've modded quite a few now for friends and family and just love the Xbox system. I install a 320 GB hard drive in each and run Xbox Media Center as the main dashboard. I have over 120 games on it and also the Sega Genesis emulator with hundreds of games installed.

I held off on buying an Xbox 360 until this past November when MicroCenter had a 100.00 rebate on it. I was able to buy the premium system for $300 (after rebate) and also picked up an extra wireless controller which was on sale for $20! If it wasn't for such a great price on this, I would've waited a while longer.

I just ordered a mod chip for the Xbox 360 and will be modding it soon. Can't wait! :)

20. gbk33

gbk33 Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

what kinda mod chip are you getting?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.