Working on server issues...

Discussion in 'R1DB Site News' started by jayhawk, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

Had to re-source the db so some recent posts would have been removed (sorry).

Back to the facts--server move is complete but there could be some lingering issues... please let us know as you find them in this thread...

2. rumrunner

rumrunner Member Member

I've been having major issues logging in since the move. Most of the time I'll get the message thanking me for logging in and redirecting, but then I'm back to being a guest. Once in a while it'll show me as being logged in, but if I click on anything to go to another page I'm back to being a guest. I have cookies enabled for the site. I'm surprised I was able to finally get to this post!

3. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

ya, there's a module that doesnt appear to be cooperating with the front end proxy. basically, you hit one server, then get routed to one of two others (higher availability). the forum software is grabbing the first machines ip for the session instead of yours. So, there's some issue maintaining proper session values right now. worst case, ill reset dns back to just one machine --but figured id give myself til today to solve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.