will streaming kill dvd/blu ray?

Discussion in 'Site Surveys' started by ashevildead123, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Darth Slater

Darth Slater this is me in 1988! man crazy huh? Subscribed

when I was young I had Beta tapes, then VHS, then Laserdiscs, Then DVD's Then (briefly) HDDVD, then Blu Rays, Then *Now some 4K blu Rays....

technology changes and we have to move with it **However, I myself like teh option of thinking HMMMMMM i feel like watching Better off dead, and then I walk to my Ikea Bookshelf (one of 9 "billy book cases full of blu rays (well 7 of blu rays 2 of dvd's ) and just pop it into the Blu Ray player.

I do have netflix, but i do prefer actual physical movies vs digital copies

However, as noted above i have gone through every format, and like the $1,000s of dolars i spent on cassettes and cd's before finding good old Pirate bay for music, I will probably regret spending 10's of thousands of dollars on my blu ray collection in years to come..

I Mean i remember for instance , coming and joining this site in like early 2005 winter just to get a separate cover for each of the Back to the future movies on DVD.. and then for literally 3+ years being on the site here for hours a day in threads and even became a moderator, and enjoyed it, but like technology, lifechanges, and i met a girl, and we had a child then a second child and i still come here , more like once a week or so but not for hours a day... life became streaming ...

2. Darth Slater

Darth Slater this is me in 1988! man crazy huh? Subscribed

Great point, i mean why go out to "Family Video" and rent the latest releases when you can "on demand it in seconds, and not worry about late fees or having to drive the rental back the next day or so...