where to get a CIS???

Discussion in 'Technology' started by wormraper, Mar 3, 2007.

1. wormraper

wormraper Freshman Scanner

Ok, I searched the forums first :), (I couldn't find any matches if this is posted before dono :) ).

where do I find a place that sell a CIS system ??? I know a lot of you guys have them, where do you get them?

2. Irrob

Irrob New Member Member

Some folks, like myself, got them from ebay. Do a search there. Then google continuous ink, see what you come up with.

3. donobieus

donobieus R1DB Lifer

Irrob's right. I got mine on Ebay for like 100 bucks about a year ago and I still havent gone through all of the ink they gave me. Well worth the money. The only downside is I have to clean the print head a lot more often. If I dont print anything for a few days the heads clog. Not sure If that is the quality of ink or not but the prints are beautiful. Is there an estimate of how long the ink lasts in the bottle? Maybe that's the problem and it's time I bought new ink?

4. LakersFan

LakersFan Freshman Member

I've heard www.printonadime.com is good, but I've never personally ordered from them. I hear they have good customer service. I plan on getting one from eventually. ;)

5. leo1963

leo1963 Freshman Member

Baught one from them several years ago from my Epson 220. I was very happy with the service I got and it out lasted the printer.

A CISS is a great investment.

6. wormraper

lol, now that my original post is necroed...

I just actually picked up a printer and CISS from Printonadime.com and so far I'm loving it. I think I've printed close to 50 custom covers in the last week of having it :D

7. Darth Slater

Darth Slater this is me in 1988! man crazy huh? Subscribed

okay call me a dumbas sbut someone explain what a ciss is to me?

8. wormraper

lol, sure I'll call you a dumbass :D.

A CISS is a Continuous Ink Supply System. Basically resevoir tanks of ink with special cartridges that replace your regular ink cartridges. MUCH cheaper. I get 4 ounces of ink for $32 shipped vs. the .5 milliliter that is in each regular cartridge from Epson. Makes printing cover art down to about $0.20 or less a cover.

9. punking

punking Member Member

I'm thinking of doing the same. Which printer did you go for and do you like the quality of the prints? Thanks.

10. wormraper

I went with the Epson C88+, so far so good. I had to send the printer back to epson once though, the ink head froze on me on the yellow. But good printer lots of covers and lots good ink.

11. Moonshadow

Moonshadow R1DB Lifer

You need to make sure you keep printing ... regularly. I had a while off line and now I am back my CIS is clogged. Spent $300+ trying to get it cleaner, waster 100ml + of every colour of ink.

They are great, but you really need to justify the quantity of the equation (not me anymore).

Oh well, time for a new printer.