What to do with a Wii

Discussion in 'Technology' started by JupiterPrime, Jul 26, 2008.

1. JupiterPrime

JupiterPrime New Member Designer

Well, someone gave my kid a Wii as a late birthday present. Had a bitch of a time getting it to go online and had changed all kinds of router settings.....in the end, I put all the router settings back, and decided to jack someone else's unsecured router, just to see if I can get it to even negotiate an online connection - well that worked....and apparently now because it made a connection online, NOW I can use my own router to connect.

Someone in Linksys support actually even suggested to remove encryption from the router.

I told him right off, "Are you out of your fucking Hindu mind?"

Anyway, I need some info on cool games for it - I see a lot of cutesy kid type stuff, and I picked up WiiPlay and Carnival Games......now.......whats out there thats COOL? Stuff like StarCraft, God of War, Flying, etc, that sort of stuff.

Now also on the hunt for a WiiFit

2. Poloki

Poloki Freshman Member

Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Madden 09
    Lego Star Wars (Complete Saga)

3. gbk33

gbk33 Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

I'm a fan of the Mario Kart series....I also ha da bitch of a time getting it to connect to my router (A Linksys aswell) I could not get it to connect on anything but B only.

4. JupiterPrime

Thanks for the suggestions, please keep em coming.

GBK, like I said above, once I jacked someone else's connection, my connection with my router works like a charm, and I have it set to G-Only, WITH WEP encyrption and using MAC filtering.

5. gbk33

gbk33 Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

I use WPA and MAC filtering, and it just sits there. I would like to use G/N only, but I can't the Wii to even see the router with that option.

6. JupiterPrime

I doubt that that it will work in N mode....maybe newer ones....I now that mine is one of the more recent off the line and maybe thats why it works with G mode (Using G-Only on my router), Could that be a possible reason why you can only work under B? Purely an internal networking hardware issue?

7. donobieus

donobieus R1DB Lifer

I love the skiing game that works with the wii fit balance board. loads of fun.

Nice to see you around again Jup!

8. JupiterPrime

Thanks!

Thats the next thing to try and hunt down - friggin WiiFit is harder to find than the damn Wii itself, and thats the primary reason the girls wanted one so badly. They felt bad tho....I walked into the house on our 19th wedding anniversary with a big shit-eating grin on my face, and handed her the bag, and all she got me was one of those digital meat thermometer grill forks (which I REALLY wanted tho).

She couldn't believe it that I actually managed to find one.

9. donobieus

donobieus R1DB Lifer

All of the GameStops get a delivery everyday between 12 and 1pm. They wont tell you over the phone if got any Wii Fits in because they only get 4 or 5 at a time and by the time you get down there they'd already be gone. Just stop by during your lunch hour or something and check it out. Only took me about a week to get one that way. Good luck!

10. KingFire

KingFire New Member Member

Three words:
    Super Mario Galaxy, one of the best games I've ever played this generation.