What Are The Most Disturbing Films You've Ever Seen?

Discussion in 'Site Surveys' started by gorre, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pepe_Navarro

Pepe_Navarro Member Master Designer

Hah! You can keep your gore, snuff and horror.

The single most hair-raising thing ever put on film is "The Singing, Ringing Tree". If you're the right nationality and age, you know what I'm talking about.

Just mentioning the name makes me flinch unvoluntarily. That fish... the DWARF... :icon_eek:

Oh no...it's all coming back. God help me...

2. Mark

Mark New Member Member

There are quite a few, that I can think of.

Two that stay in my mind are Irreversible (Frech Film) & The Last House on the Left (Wes craven Film)

3. ExEcutioner0

ExEcutioner0 Guest

i gotta agree .. Cannibal holocoust

4. jlyon1515

jlyon1515 Member Member

I'm with BlackWatch, 8mm was disturbing for me. I think it was because I watched in at the discount theater and some woman was there with her like 7 year old daughter! I couldn't imagine WHY someone would bring their daughter to such a movie, with all it's raping and stuff. Then I realized that $1.50 for 2 hours was cheaper than paying for a baby sitter.

5. cockknocker

cockknocker Freshman Member

White Noise

I've seen all kinds of movies, a lot of them you guys have mentioned. Examples: Irreversible, Baise Moi, Audition, Requiem for a Dream, etc. etc. But I have to say that White Noise actually scared the shit out of me. I'm a 32 year old man, and I was actually afraid to walk around my house in the dark. I even had nightmares for a couple of days after watching it. I will never watch that movie again......then again, maybe i'm just a pussy. :)

6. thenappyrat

thenappyrat New Member Member

having become rather desensitized to supernatural horror, mostly the horror of the human soul is the only creepy thing now. movies like requiem for a dream really get to you in a way no zombie or ghost can.

7. jlyon1515

jlyon1515 Member Member

I've seen a lot of people mention Requiem for a Dream. The movie did nothing for me. I just kept wondering how long the movie was. Actually, I take that back, I liked the elderly woman in it, but everythign else was sort of boring.

8. tjimpen

tjimpen New Member Member

I've gotta say Ichi the killer....or maybe Irreversible, theres a very disturbing rape scene....

9. Tropical Storm

Tropical Storm New Member Member

I would have to agree long beginning but I s**t myself watching this one I will never venture into the Aussie outback again just in case i run into a bloke like Mick:evil:

10. TKI

TKI Guest

yeah ichi the killer is pretty disturbing

11. bleesje

bleesje Guest

Very Bad Things!! :(

12. rogue588

rogue588 Guest

Well, the Devil's Rain gave me some nightmares..

13. discoduck1975

discoduck1975 New Member Member

Last House On The Left - Check it out before the remake comes along. I wonder if they'll keep the same ending.

14. yos

yos New Member Member

I once saw a film about Executions, it was a bit disturning watching a man's skull shatering when he shot himself

15. dgaustad

dgaustad Member Member

I agree Faces of Death was nasty..saw that one when I was a teenager and my brother wanted to me to rent it for him. Very disturbing at that age for me.

16. firereviving

firereviving New Member Member

mine is the slither.

17. gcallan

gcallan New Member Member

from beyond

probably tame by todays standards but that creeped me out.

18. zachank

zachank New Member Member

I don't think anyone said Shindlers List. That was distubing because of the history of the Holocaust.

Also mostly anything from David Lynch (Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive) and Takashi Miike (Gozu, Ichi the Killer, Audition, Shijuku Triad Society) are pretty disturbing in different ways.

19. cb41174

cb41174 Member Member

In Agreement

Faces of Death...hand down. I still cannot watch that crap. The draw to that type of video is beyond me.

20. EggFu23S10

EggFu23S10 Member Member

Faces of Death definetly took its toll on me as a kid. I can laugh all the way through it now though since I learned that over 80 percent of it was staged/fake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.