War (Jet Li - 2007)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress (WIP)' started by JackDaRippa, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackDaRippa

JackDaRippa New Member Master Designer

I am creating this cover at the request of another R1DB member for my matching Jet Li set. The concept was originally to go with a brushed metal theme as the background, but after I saw what other covers had been created for the film, I wanted to keep mine original. My ideas changed on this one quite early on when I experimented with Fire.

The front is a custom poster that I created utilizing a high-res still and fire (obviously) for the BG. Wanted to have some fun with this one.

The text/logos on the back cover are going to change (they are from a different movie), and I am not 100% sure yet if I am keeping the fire in the middle back yet, until I have placed the text. Would like to keep the text black, if possible, to match my other covers in my set. I am considering utilizing the same fire background in the middle back instead.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism on this one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. Starscream

Starscream Freshman Member

looks good

3. JackDaRippa

JackDaRippa New Member Master Designer

Potentially finished

Thanks starscream, but that cover was a rough sketch in its infancy. Here is what I have ended up with after several more hours of cover making action. The text on the back has been deliberately kept black to match my other Jet Li covers. Constructive criticisms?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  4. Starscream

Starscream Freshman Member

those look great , im still partial to the first one though

5. mouad2pac

mouad2pac New Member Member

nice covers ty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.