Using the Wrong UPC codes

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Help' started by mcaswell, Mar 22, 2017.

?

Do you use UPC Bar codes to track your collection?

Poll closed Friday at 7:21 AM.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. I might but don't know how

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mcaswell

mcaswell Member Subscribed Member

Why do some cover artists take such time to make a great cover, and then ruin it with a UPC code from some other movie. Thats like using a picture from some other movie on your cover. If you're not going to use the right UPC, then don't bother putting one on the cover.
    You guys have talent I never will have, and this is a small item, but maybe some others, like me, use a scanner and UPC's to manage their video library.

Please just think about it. Why take the time to make sure all the other elements on your cover is 100% correct and then slap the wrong UPC on it.

Caz
  2. mcaswell

2getted likes this.
  3. Hailstorm

Hailstorm P.I.T.A. Cover Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

Why put a UPC code on a custom cover at all. Plus why post comments on a cover that was posted in 2007, the person who posted the cover is most likely no longer on the site. You can always correct the error by replacing the incorrect UPC code with the correct UPC code and re-posting the cover.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  4. mcaswell

I didn't know if I could do that. I have replaced it on the cover before I printed it out. As far as why put it on a custom cover.. I understand that, but if the cover artist is going to put it on there.. at least make it correct. I wouldn't complain about a cover that didn't have a upc.
  5. Hailstorm

Why not, the artist is long gone and it would benefit others later on, it's like updating Technical Order errors in the Air Force, if you find a mistake you correct it.
  6. mcaswell

True. So if I upload it should I reference the link to the one it's replacing and why? Will the incorrect one be removed?
    Thanks for your time,
    Matt
  7. Hailstorm

Just post it to the upload section, I will replace the old one with the new one, and note why it was replaced. I retired as an SMsgt in 1987 after 22 years. Miss all the friends and the travel, but that's all water under the bridge as they say.
  8. mcaswell

will do.. I retired in 95 after 21 yrs 3 months.. Commander said he didn't want me to retire and asked me why. I said "its not fun anymore and if I can't be a good influence, I don't want to be any influence". He said "Fair enough.. I'll approve it".