Storybook Collection for Blu-ray DVD's

Discussion in 'Works In Progress (WIP)' started by Hailstorm, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hailstorm

Hailstorm The Sarge Staff Member Site Staff

Been working on this for sometime and will still be working on it for some more time. Just wanted to get some input on the cover layout and any other changes that you might want to see. I would love to get a ghosting effect of the Mickey Mouse Emblem on the cover background, but I am still learning CS4, so if you know how please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. gbk33

gbk33 Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

you want a texture type effect?

3. Hailstorm

Yes but I would like it to have the silhouette of a soild Mickey Mouse emblem imbeded through out, once I find the emblem I want to use I can then work on it, just want a faint ghost of the silhouette to show.

4. Hailstorm

Here's a progress update on the Blu-ray Storybook cover.

Attached Files:

5. Hailstorm

Guess an update is needed here, all I have to do is get some more logos for Disney Blu-rays, the Live BD will be snap, but some of the others are going to take some time.

Attached Files:

6. badspock

badspock Member Member

I like the front on the one with the original lobby car/poster better myself. It looks really sharp!

7. Hailstorm

It's a shame the poster is so washed out and faded, if it was a little brighter I would use it, but I haven't made a final choice on what pictures I am going to use, I have several to choose from.

8. Hailstorm

Looking for the Disney High-Definition Sound Logo, does anyone have one yet??

9. Hailstorm

All is set except for one last logo and a few others for use on the non high-definition audio movies.

Attached Files:

10. splitroaster

splitroaster New Member Member

I like it tho I think I prefer the spine from your Dvd covers which Im using for my blu rays with a few mods but will prob change them for these when they come out are you doing them for the combo ones as well (blu + dvd)

11. Hailstorm

Good question, since I haven't seen any spec's for the larger blu-ray cases yet, it might be awhile before I set them up for the larger cases. The cover is set for the 1 or 2 disc releases, but if the release is just a blu-ray + DVD, then I would do that one as a combo, Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure comes to mind for now.

12. splitroaster

At the moment ones that are out are Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Bolt, Tinkerbell

Cars, Tinkerbell 2, Ratatouille coming out on Nov 2 or there abouts

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  13. Hailstorm

I keep forgetting you are in Scotland, we already have all those on Blu-ray here, on the 10th of November, Monsters Inc and Up come out here as multi-disc releases. Since I keep my Blu-rays separate from my DVD's I see no reason to set the covers up for combos at this time, as for the digital discs, I send those to my daughter for her to put on the computer for the grand kids.

14. splitroaster

No bother any chance you can tell me the font you used for the special features so I can make my own adjustments and when are they coming out.

15. Hailstorm

I have posted Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as a 2 disc Blu-ray cover, a combo set will be posted in a couple of days since the cover is actually larger (Spine).

16. splitroaster

Cheers thanks will have a look later

17. Hailstorm

Both of the Snow White covers are posted now.

18. Hailstorm

Re-posted the Pirates Of The Caribbean covers since the spine pictures looked like crap.

19. Hailstorm

Here are two covers I am working on: The Muppet Theater and Studio Ghibli. Yes I know Sony did The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, and Columbia did a few of the others, but Disney now owns all the rights to the Muppets, but Jim Henson Productions does have a say as far as which studio they want their movies released by. Hence Columbia, Sony and Buena Vista releases. It makes it allot easier to just put them all in one set titled Muppet Theater. Any comments are welcomed. Added a Blu-ray version with the black spine bar.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  20. Hailstorm

Just so everyone knows I am redoing the original storybook covers so they match the new Blu-ray covers, I will still use the same spine as before, just updating it since the original files did not allow me the ability to correct all the data for each movie on the back. The new ones will also be a solid color with no texture since I was unable to change any color at all as it was embedded in the background file along with the movie data files. Hope to post some updated covers by the end of the next week for all to review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.