So, posting is MANDATORY here?!?

Discussion in 'Introductions - New Members' started by Wizdar, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Wizdar

Wizdar New Member Member

Here’s the thing. I’m a dick. And you’re gonna force me to post or I’m booted from the site?

That’s about the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Usually a noob is advised to lurk for a while and get the general feel of the forum before jumping in. Oh, well.

Let’s get the obligatory out of the way. It is a requirement that you post in here, who you are… Who am I? I’m a dick. Can’t you read? I’m nobody. I have no talent in graphics, although I’ve managed to scan a coupla covers and pervert them for my personal needs. … and where you were referred from. I wasn’t referred from anywhere. I saw a post on DVDTalk, and now you’re reading my pathetic post.

I came here with the desire to buy credits and download covers. But if there’s a post requirement –well consider this: I’m a dick. The probability of me getting banned from this site is (and this is based on ignorance, since I’m doing my mandatory post instead of lurking, but I digress) 85%. With that in mind, I’d prolly be crazy to buy any credits, assuming that’s at all possible anyway.

Well, enough of me and my mandatory post. It’s off to do some trolling.

[Heh. I just noticed this sick little smilie. :banana2: Maybe there's a place for me here after all. :)]

2. Alexx57

Alexx57 Freshman Member

Hey Nobody´s Dick - every site has some rulez so why don´t you read them first?
    It is not so hard to figure out why those rulez exists.....

Anyway welcome onboard ;)

3. gbk33

gbk33 Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

lighten up francis ;) The rules here are to help you become more acquainted with the site and for us to make sure you're not a dick ;)

4. one2go

one2go New Member Member

Nothing better to endear yourself by complaining in your first post about the rules and policies. Just fall in with the community and enjoy it. :D

5. Irrob

Irrob Freshman Member

:nonono2[1

6. Wizdar

Wizdar New Member Member

I figured if I show myself at my worst, that way nobody’s surprised with my occasional swings to the Dark Side. :grenade:

You’ve got to admit, it’s a different opening. I mean, don’t you guys get tired of the usual “Hi, this is a great site, I’m glad to be here” stuff?

Absolutely LOVE the smilies.:up:

7. Alexx57

Alexx57 Freshman Member

there is alot of great stuff around here not just smilies :buddies:

8. one2go

one2go New Member Member

What I am teed off with is I have posted many messages but it still says I have posted only 5 messages. What it does encourage is spamming. I do my share of posting when I feel I can contribute but otherwise it is just waffle, waffle spam. :icon_frow

9. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

I'm a dick too... so you're in good company :)

We don't require posting, but if you don't have credits or any posts--odds are your account is going bye bye ... hehe.
    :gives:

10. Wizdar

Wizdar New Member Member

Ah, so if I buy credits, I'm golden? That was my main concern.

That's good to know. :laugh:

11. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

post, buy credits, earn credits... whatever works for you... i haven't pruned accounts for a while...

12. donobieus

donobieus R1DB Lifer

Actually, I was kinda bored with the usual “Hi, this is a great site, I’m glad to be here” stuff? Including my own when I first joined. :D Not that I condone complaining on your first post, but at least it was different.:banana:

13. Paper Pills

Paper Pills Sophomore Designer

:WTF: uh, excuse me, i think i'm the resident dick of this site. :bukkake:

:rulez: are here for everyone to learn and enjoy this site. do not encroach on my turf and know your role! or you'll be on the receiving end of this :rl: or this :takethis: or this :kickballs or this :boxing: or this :stickpoke or this :whipping: deal? :deal:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  14. gbk33

now that is not only funny as hell but also kicks ass :headbang:

15. Irrob

Irrob Freshman Member

taken to school by the pills!

16. gbk33

the stickpoke is the best

17. kunkstyle

kunkstyle New Member Member

Dude, :gives: which one you think is best. Smilies are soooo :ghey2:. And besides, everyone knows that :nana: is the best. Now get off your :soapbox:, 'cause you just got :eek:wned:. Feel free to go in the corner and :jerkit:.

Hehe. Sorry. Just kidding. I love the smilies, and here's to gbk33 :woot:.

18. Wizdar

Wizdar New Member Member

Deal. :bowdown:

19. ctaulbee

ctaulbee Demigod Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

We haven’t handed out the official award for site “Dick” yet but I would have to say PP has had several nods from the academy so he would be considered the odds on favorite at this point ;)

Edited: I am assuming Mr. Pills that you know this was meant in fun only :)

Would also point out for anyone else reading this the only MANDATORY post is the first one, in this section, after that its all optional.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  20. JupiterPrime

JupiterPrime New Member Designer