Site Migration - post here with issues

Discussion in 'R1DB Site News' started by jayhawk, Jul 4, 2014.

1. cem3203

cem3203 Member Member

@jayhawk "the credits you had were not usable without a subscription." rule happining after 2 years my payment, that rule wasnt there. That wasnt on my conract. i just want what i buy from you. nothing more, you cant vanish peoples credits just like that.
  2. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

@cem3203 It absolutely was, if you want to call it a contract. Your account is at-will here, I'm happy to try and explain to you what you purchased a few a years ago and why it doesn't extend to today's site, but it doesn't appear we speak the same native language and you're not understanding, or you're just refusing to .

This was the description for the subscription you purchased.
    You'll be given 800 credits up front, and 3 credit per day for the life of your subscription. You'll earn about 1000 credits per year in addition to your 800, be free of almost all advertising, and have access to all points of the site. Pricetag: $80 USD

You purchased that 5/31/09 (note the date of the rules / site policy I linked you previously - you purchased it for 75 before the price was raised)
    You then purchased a couple other subscriptions during that time, to up your credits.
    When your 3 year subscription ended, you purchased a 'maintain account' subscription, which verifies you understood how it worked. You purchased this on 7/12.

This will conclude my communication with you on this, if you want to pursue it--find someone that can properly translate the message to you - then you can reach my through a private conversation. If you continue to post here, I'll remove your account altogether--you're polluting a thread where people are posting legitimate problems, yours is not one.
    ctaulbee likes this.
  3. subzero20

subzero20 Sophomore Member

It looks like I am able to download covers now and am starting to get credits for the forum activity/logging in. Any possibility of adding PayPal donations, or some way for USD/EURO donations rather than just bitcoin?
  4. subzero20

On a side note, I just tried to upload, but it would not let me. The first thing I noticed is the only category you can choose from the drop-down is "Uploaded", there are no other options. And this, when you try to process, it reports "You do not have permission to view the images in this category." and does not actually upload it
  5. subzero20

nm, figured it out, it's because im not an official 'scanner'.

and, sorry for the triple post, i cant find anywhere where I can edit a post, only report or reply
  6. tufan74

tufan74 Member Member

I clicked on the "BitPay" to buy 6 months of access for $16 USD. But I can't my credits!!! Please HELP???
  7. jayhawk

@subzero20 no, paypal isn't possible.
    @tufan74 I had sent you a private message earlier--let me know if it's working now, you're showing the right groups.
  8. subzero20

@jayhawk ...ok, no worries, it was worth asking.

I did find a bug...when looking at the main Covers page, the search box for covers is really low, instead of being even with the categories, it is a full page below...next to the "Thinpack DVD Covers" category. Positioning or div is probably off. See attached screen

Attached Files:

• r1db.png
      r1db.png
      File size:
      702.9 KB
      Views:
  9. jayhawk

If you're blocking our ad's, that would be why its blank and why its really low.
    ctaulbee likes this.
  10. Tricksta

Tricksta Member Member

Ive not been on for a while as Ive been so busy at work so have missed the migration. When I last logged on I had nearly 3000 credits and now I have 0, some were paid for credits and some were earned via visits and posting. Am I likely to get these back so I can grab some covers?
  11. Pip

Pip Sophomore Designer

Hi Tricksta. See post #8
  12. Hapkido

Hapkido Member Designer

I no longer see the navigation options that used to be at the bottom of each forum. There you could choose different parameters on how you want the forum to be displayed, e.g., member, posts, ascending/descending, Gallery, # of items (12, 24, 48 etc.). Is that feature something that is going to be brought back? It's a royal pain having to browse a forum with only 12 items per page and no way to sort them.
  13. Hapkido

Hapkido Member Designer

14. jayhawk

I might add them back for certain groups, but ideally you're searching for what you need rather than going through pages and pages of items :) - 12 items is to reduce the number of queries and page load times
  15. jfcarbel

jfcarbel Member Member