Site Migration - post here with issues

Discussion in 'R1DB Site News' started by jayhawk, Jul 4, 2014.

1. mantra

mantra Member Member

my all credits lost, but i can download ?. .. I would ask to solve this problem...

2. tyson

tyson Member Member

Logged in today to find 8 credits not sure how this new system works as i had a few hundred credits before more info from a mod would be nice

3. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

No one can see their credits right now, so I'm a bit confused why people keep saying they lost them... @tyson - no saved credits were lost ... @mantra your question makes no sense. you lost all credits but you can download, I dont see a problem-- and once again, you can't view credits, so you'd have no way to know what you have right now.

4. jayhawk

@scooter - your credits should be intact, if you have problems downloading --let me know.

5. cem3203

cem3203 Member Member

i cant download, having about 1050 credit

6. Buddy A Belew

Buddy A Belew flaminbud Member

Can search covers today, that's good. Couldn't search yesterday at all. Said I wasn't registered. Now can't download. Says I don't have any credits. Had 455 credits before the site changed. Could download pretty much what I wanted. I'll be glad to get all of this resolved. I see I'm not the only one having problems. This is my favorite website and hope I don't have to abandon it for something else.:(

7. jayhawk

There's always been a difference between saved credits and credits. Credits were earned while on a subscription, or through forum posts, or by the site giving you the credits for logging in. The only credits that I kept, were the saved credits--because those were earned through contributing covers to the site.

The site's ad revenue hasn't been enough to sustain the cost of the bandwidth, so things are changing a bit.

> saved credits, will always be there, no subscription required in order to use them--no special member group, they'll never be removed.
    > saved credits are still earned by contributing covers to the site -- when they're downloaded you receive credits for each unique download
    > a membership purchased with bitcoin will be available soon, that will not require credits to download. If you purchase a subscription, you'll be placed in a group that has download rights. This is a lot like it was before.

There are still some hiccups here and there with the site code, please do continue to report them. If you are 'missing credits' - the only way you'll have them is if you're in a group other than member/registered, or you contribute to the site and have earned them (saved credits).

ctaulbee likes this.
  8. davethejinxster

davethejinxster Member Member

So basically what you are saying is that we no longer get "credits" just by logging onto the site?

I had over 200 "credits" and only downloaded when needed, so how do I download now seeing as I am not artistically minded to make custom covers etc.

Regards
    Davethejinxster

9. jayhawk

I'll post when and if we have a free alternative to what I posted above, otherwise memberships would be a good way for you to get what you were after.

ctaulbee likes this.
  10. subzero20

subzero20 Sophomore Member

So, basically, no ability to download unless you upload now then? Since donate is a future idea. Any other way to earn ability to download or just sit on our thumbs?

Buddy A Belew likes this.
  11. Buddy A Belew

I have over 500 DVDs. I guess I'll have to scan everyone of them and upload them in order to be able to use this site and get covers that I don't have.

12. Buddy A Belew

Like Davethejinxster I don't have the computer skills or programs to create custom covers or labels. I wish I did. I really love the work the designers do on this site. Oh well, All good things must come to an end I guess. :(

13. Wolfe999

Wolfe999 Member Member

@jayhawk:
    You haven't addressed this issue since I exposed it and I'd really appreciate that you do (because in the explanation you gave above about the different type of credits "earned" here, I didn't see any example about "mine" -though I believe there sure must be other members in the same position-). I repeat, this was a deal that YOU offered before deciding to become a "free" site and I never questioned it. Just accepted it and paid for it, so I think you should respect it.
    I by any chance I have misunderstood you and I have those credits, my apologies; if not, please let me know and offer a satisfying reason for not respecting it, though I can't see one.

Cheers

PS: Of course I don't want the money back nor this is a hint for that, just the wish to have that which I paid for.

14. Buddy A Belew

I get it. It takes money to make the world go round. I would be glad to pay for a membership if the price is right. But, if it turns out like Wolfe999's situation, how can we be guaranteed that our privileges won't be suddenly revoked, or credits conveniently erased? o_O

15. jayhawk

@Wolfe999 - no paid credits were removed, only subscription based credits and credits that that site gave out for free were. If you paid x dollars for some credits, those would still be intact. You currently have 494 saved credits.

ctaulbee likes this.
  16. cherokee

cherokee Member Member

1. Search dosen't work also get this message You do not have permission to view the images in this category.

2. I had paid subscription via paypal, sure that it has not expired. Where to check?

17. subzero20

subzero20 Sophomore Member

Do I lieterally have to throw money at you? How can we get credits to download covers without uploading. i dont have a good enough scanner to scan the retails I do have and, like others, i lack the skillset to do customs.

Seems like this is something that should have been set BEFORE a migration, not as an afterthought. Not everybody can participate in the uploading, but if we are willing to pay, one would think that would be encouraged.

18. jayhawk

@cherokee You show as "Member" so- it's long since expired. There are only a couple of subscriptions that could possibly still be active - and thats "R1DB lifetime" and Ultimate.
    Paid subscriptions received credits, but those credits could only be used with an active subscription.

@subzero20 it will be an option but all the pieces aren't in place yet. This was sortof an afterthought--and it was rushed, the old software ceased to function correctly on the db cluster, and was crashing it--that's not something I could allow anymore, so this was the alternative. I'll get it sorted out before too long.

ctaulbee likes this.
  19. xander

xander Member Member

I have been a member here since '2006' and I really do depend on the wonderful talents of others to get the covers I need, please tell me what I have to do to become a 'Lifetime' or 'Ultimate' member, thank you............Xander (old guy)

20. jayhawk

http://r1db.com/account/upgrades

There may be other options than bitcoin at some point--if you don't know how to use it, not a lot I can do for you right now.

ctaulbee likes this.