Site changes

Discussion in 'R1DB Site News' started by jayhawk, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

I think I have most everything back to functioning as expected (for the most part)--post software update.

If you find anything that's not working correctly, please post here or in the help area and let us know.

Thanks --And sorry for that downtime, took a bit longer than expected!

2. pbr

pbr Member Member

faq isnt up

3. jayhawk

oh but it is!

4. wolfeman

wolfeman Freshman Member

Hi,
    Am I missing something? I can search for a cover name on the main cover page and get all the covers with that name (covers, labels and games). But when I go to say blue-ray custom covers and search for that name, it doesn't come up with the result for just blue-ray custom covers. It just shows all the covers in blue-ray custom covers.

5. Hailstorm

Hailstorm The Sarge Staff Member Site Staff

The large search block on the left side is inoperative and is should be removed shortly, on the right side you will find another search link, click it and you will get the correct site search engine.

6. vane117

vane117 Member Member

The search process appears to be FAR less robust than in the past. The "Search" Link on the right side only searches the entire site, and there is no way to search within a group (e.g. TV Thinkpak covers). As I am replacing many standard cases with thinpak, this is a huge issue.

It could work if there were options added to filter the search to only a given group.

Regards!

7. Hailstorm

Yes there is and all one had to do is go to the cover section they wish to search, as in your selection of thinpak DVD covers, click on the word search on the upper right side, when the search section opens, type the title of the movie you want and then select TITLE ONLY just below and then hit the execute search button, it brings up only those titles that contain your search word or title.

8. DGenerateKane

DGenerateKane Member Member

Uh, no? I clicked on the custom labels section, clicked search on the top right, entered my movie title, selected the title only field, clicked execute search, and am presented with results from categories other than custom labels. :/

9. Hailstorm

I just went to custom labels and did a search of 4 different labels and got the labels requested. I do know that I had to delete several labels posted around the time you did your search as the first labels title wound up on all of them. Could have been a malfunction within the site at that time. But as I said the systems is working as it should be.

10. DGenerateKane

Still isn't working. I tried several different titles and each one brings up results from different sections as well as the desired one of custom labels. I tried searching for a title in the custom blu-ray cover section and got results from multiple sections as well. :/

11. Hailstorm

You are using the search on the left side, you need to use the one located on the right side where it says admin, home, search upload covers when you want to search a specific thread, the one on the left is for an entire site search.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  12. jayhawk

they wont see the admin one ;) - I'll be working out some of the issues shortly--including search.

I closed the gallery for a bit to sort out some possible bugs.

13. DGenerateKane

I was using the one on the right actually, right between Home and Upload Covers. Then I tried the one on the top left and got the same site wide results as before.

Edit: And as of now, it still is searching the entire site. :/

14. Hailstorm

It could be your browser settings since I have no issues with my browsers (I.E. or Firefox) while searching the site. To make sure that you search correctly, I usually enter the cover thread that I wish to search first, I.E. Blu-ray Custom, type the title you want to search for and then make sure that the thread you are in is high lited in selection category block, then hit the search button.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  15. kandinsky

kandinsky New Member Member

I repeatedly run into the exact same issue MrVideo is describing. It's certainly a server side problem, that much is obvious. The 'Sort' settings criteria at the bottom of any Cover gallery page always leads to the 'error' page as described. Not only the sort function takes you to that error page either, so does hitting 'Go' for the 'quick jump' function. So to apply a sorting filer I have to go back from the error page and refresh, hoping that the the changes I made are even being properly applied to the results.

16. Hailstorm

You might want to know that the site was redone about six months ago and allot of what use to work as far as links and so-forth are in-op and we need to get them fixed, but since there is a ton of them on the site, it will be sometime before it is done.

17. jayhawk

you dont have permission to view the uploaded category--but you have to be able to post there as that's where the script lands when it completes the upload. So when you see something like 'you're not allowed to be here' that's by design. Moderators move your uploads to the proper categories after approved because they can see that category. If you're a designer or scanner etc, group-member, you have the ability to upload to the proper category and don't see that message.

if you're not uploading something - i have no idea why you'd be landing there...

18. MrVideo

MrVideo Guest

jayhawk: look at posts 16 and 19. We explain exactly what we were doing when we got sent to the "you don't have permission" page.

19. Hailstorm

The link was broken and it was sending you a site location for moderators only, hence you don't have permission to be there.

20. MrVideo

MrVideo Guest

Hailstorm, thanks for the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.