RoboCop

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Buddy A Belew, May 28, 2014.

1. Buddy A Belew

Buddy A Belew flaminbud Member

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 200"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD]Title: RoboCop

Genres: Action, Crime, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: José Padilha

Plot: In RoboCop, the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Overseas, their drones have been used by the military for years, but have been forbidden for law enforcement in America. Now OmniCorp wants to bring their controversial technology to the home front, and they see a golden opportunity to do it. When Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) – a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit – is critically injured, OmniCorp sees their chance to build a part-man, part-robot police officer. OmniCorp envisions a RoboCop in every city and even more billions for their shareholders, but they never counted on one thing: there is still a man inside the machine.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE][HR][/HR]Usually I don't think too highly of movie remakes, they just never seem to add up to the original. I was pleasantly surprised by the Robocop remake. It was an enjoyable watch with good acting, a different and good story line and i recommend others to give it a try.:boink:
  2. itsmesassy

itsmesassy Freshman Member

Thanks, I have the movie, but I heard it was a bad remake; bad acting, etc., so I will watch soon
  3. vensblue

vensblue Member Member

Well worth a watch, storyline changed enough and acting also good all in all a good movie
  4. cow82288boys

cow82288boys Member Subscribed Member

The best Robocop since the first one.
  5. vbangle

vbangle New Member Member

I was bored. Seriously, how can you have a PG-13 remake. Go all the way and make a proper movie or don't. This felt like a money grab to me.
  6. nalla

nalla Sophomore Member

well i personally wasn't expecting much from this film, so i was surprised to find it was actually not a bad film, 7 out of 10 for me if i had to rate it.
  7. pykejoe

pykejoe Member Member

This reboot was actually fantastic, it wasn't a direct copy of the original which made it nice and different and it was way better than most of the tv series they made