Printer Settings

Discussion in 'How to: Q&A' started by Cinderella_17, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Cinderella_17

Cinderella_17 New Member Member

Hello People how are you?? I will like to know what are the printer setting do you use, cause I have a HP Photosmart C5280 (ink) but when I print labels the color is not perfect or to much or not, I don't know..

Also what do you use with the blu ray cover?? what is the size?? and the setting to print in glossy paper?? thank you

2. ctaulbee

ctaulbee Demigod Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

Should set your printer for the type of paper your using.

Second they are physically the correct size, so if they print wrong, it's your printing software.

Cinderella_17 likes this.
  3. Cinderella_17

Ohh Ok ctaulbee thank you, also I have problem with the labels cause I don't know what quantity of ink I need to be perfect or what setting in the printer I use, cause the software is ok but the color sometime is too much and sometimes don't have too much..

4. ctaulbee

That can be very much affected by the fact, that you "see" art on your screen in RGB colors, but your printer "prints" them in CMYK colors, and while there is some overlap in the color tables that translation can still really affect how a print verses a view will compare, depending on color profiles etc, see the charts below.

[​IMG]

Ranges or "Gamut" for each compared to full human perceived color spectrum.
    [​IMG]

So as you can see from chart 2 the printer can't reproduce all the colors your monitor can display, on a side note a 6 color printer can extend that range some.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    Cinderella_17 likes this.
  5. Cinderella_17

Ohh you're right. Thank you so much for the information :kiss: .

Another thing is when a print the cover I see some lines it's not a clean print, maybe could be the quantity of ink the print send by default? I need to use the max ppp? I'm selecting the HP Premium Photo Paper from the type of paper but I don't know it's that the problem maybe....

6. ctaulbee

Lines = Printer problem, likely ink or print head or both.