Official Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by true, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true

true New Member Member

Official Baseball Thread to talk baseball! Whhoooo
    [​IMG]

2. true

true New Member Member

Bonds ht 2 out today! Thats 737 total. 18 behind the record, 19 to break it.

And Hallyday threw a 10 inning CG wow

3. Schylling

Schylling Sophomore Member

It was a good pitching duel
    A little early but Halladay for Cy Young Award

4. BlackWatch

BlackWatch Sophomore Member

And Tampa Bay beat Santana to break Santana's 17 home game winning streak. Shoot Tampa also had lost like 10 straight in Minnesota. The last time they won, it was against........SANTANA!

That's why we love baseball. Anything can happen.

5. true

true New Member Member

Tell that to the 1919 "black"sox

6. Paper Pills

Paper Pills Sophomore Designer

i hate roger clemens and i hope he stays his traitorous ass in houstan.

7. boynotori

boynotori New Member Member

how ironic that i'm hoping he comes home to Boston. imagine that in the playoffs? won't that be great for everyone that isn't a Yankees fan. :) can a get an AMEN from the Bobbleheads?

8. Paper Pills

umm...i don't really care if he goes to boston. all i know is that i don't want him back in a yankee uniform. he is an asshole.

9. donobieus

donobieus R1DB Lifer

I dont want him back in NY either, he wasnt that good his last year in the A.L. and going to the N.L. was the only thing that saved him. Getting to face a shitty 7,8, and 9 hitter made all the difference. But, I also dont want him going to Boston cuz of course my theory would be shit then and he'd kill us. Let him rot in Houston.

10. boynotori

get an actual starting rotation and then you can claim to worrying about anyone "killing" you off. your bats will not always save your ass, fyi.

11. donobieus

donobieus R1DB Lifer

You dont actually think it was wrong for the sox to cheat do you? Hypocrite

12. true

true New Member Member

Of course its wrong to cheat, that's why its calling cheating, duh. Why would I be a hypocrite? You must be referring to Bonds' arm gaurd. Well ya, but its still legal til Selig says else.

13. Darth Slater

Darth Slater this is me in 1988! man crazy huh? Subscribed

we don't want clemens back in toronto here either 2 cy youngs with us or not

14. true

true New Member Member

Is Clemens currently pitching? I thought he only signs with teams in playoff contention after the all-star break.

15. Darth Slater

yes and for huge$$$, and with the agreement that his offspring has to be "called up"??

16. true

true New Member Member

On to other news, Shilling shoutout the Los Angeles Angels Of Aniheim, California of USA today and has a 14 straight scoreless innings,which is pretty good.

And Happy Anniversary. Probably one of the most important people in baseball history.
    [​IMG]

17. boynotori

hey, #42 had a great night a Dodger Stadium last night. gotta love that.

i was sitting there looking around at all the baseball fans enjoying the game, and the overall good and proud feeling about Jackie Robinson Day, and started to wonder if anyone, and i mean anyone, would give a shit about anything Barry Bonds did 60 years from now. every great player has a legacy they leave behind. what is Barry Bonds legacy? and when you speak of the great ones of this game there is always one thing that makes you smile. one thing if nothing else you can reflect on as the reason they were great and worthy of ICONIC status.

Jackie Robinson had hit tip of the hat. the ultimate sign of respect to all.

Reggie Jackson hitting the 3 homers in the series and forever being known as Mr. October.

Joe Carter hitting the walk-off homer to win the series and leaping around like a crazy person.

George Brett for the moronic pin-tar incident.

Ozzie Smith for his unique way of getting to his position.

McGuire and Sammy for the hug after Mac broke the record. in the end, besides resurrecting a dying sport at the time, that hug and the joy for each other was nothing but pure love for the game. and that is what i'll always recall when thinking of both of them. not Mac crying like a little bitch on the stands at congress or Sammy's bullshit cork incident.

ICONIC right? and then those that aren't so ICONIC but remembered just as well:

Kirk Gibson (maybe not techincally great) but you know you love the fist-pump gimp shot. that is the shit dreams are made of. and he'll always have that.

marinate this: Dave Roberts will always be known to alot of people as the man who forever changed the face of baseball by stealing second base. if he does nothing else he will forever be a legend in the Red Sox Nation.

here is one to cement the point i'm trying to make:

Jose Lima tossing a two-hit shutout to give the Dodgers thier only victory of the NLDS a few years back. that is one of my favorite moments in sports history. not because it mattered at all in the entire series. it didn't, we were still going to lose it. but simply that anyone can be a hero for a day. even a crap throwing wannabe AA pitcher that's best known for being a home run magnet. that is how i will always remember Jose Lima. screaming into the heavens with his arms out stretched as the team mobs him on the mound after winning a game that meant little or nothing but felt like a World Series Championship. JOSE friggin' LIMA. :)

now.... how do you think Barry will be remembered? and don't think as a GIANTS fan or a Barry supporter. just as a person who might love and respect the game. what is his legacy? because the sad thing i realized as a fan was that he doesn't have one. break the record or not he leaves nothing behind worthy of second glaces. his lack of humanity has assured himself of that. and in that moment, as a fan, i felt sad for him. really really sad for him. cause 60 years from now nobody will give a shit that he ever existed because there is nothing left to smile about. unlike Jackie Robinson that has whole teams wearing his number and praising the man who has long since been gone.

this is supposed to be one of the greatest ever to play.... how sad and pathetic is that and how do you leave that as your legacy if your Barry Bonds?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  18. Darth Slater

wow my moving of Boynotori's post fit PERFECTLY below that previous post

**way to go slater!! you da man... you da mack daddy.. you da pimp yo!

19. true

true New Member Member

Omg. You guys are overly obsessed with barry bonds lol. Like seriously. Its the anniversary of Jackie Robinson, everyone is wearing 42 and Mrs Robinson is out there and all you're thinking is, "hmm Bonds suck" lol.
    In your post, you didn't mention what Maris is known for, or even Arron is known for. I think Mcguire is known for "I don't want to talk about the past." And Sammy is known as Mr Corky.

But why? Why do I care if you remember him or not? Same reason why you remember Jose Lima and I don't give 2 shits about him. I'll remember him for all the memories hes given us Giants fans. From walk-offs to milestone HRs and him dancing on top of the dugout after we won the pennant. You don't remember it, but why should you, you don't watch the Giants. So why should I give you a reason to "remember" bonds by, since you hate him so much then DON'T remember him lol!
    Do you guys realize how much you obsess over this guy lol. He's not even at your game and you're thinking of ways to knock him. Hell he didn't even play today! lol. This is getting real comedic

added this:
    But just to answer your question I guess, just as The Hammer is known for, Bonds will be known for his trot around the bases on HR #756

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  20. Paper Pills

do you really think jackie robinson was playing for the emotion or reference hje'd receive 60 years later. NOPE. neither is barry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.