Most disappointing movies?

Discussion in 'DVD talk' started by vassa1980, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vassa1980

vassa1980 New Member Member

I think War Of The Worlds was very disappointing. I was waiting more action. It was to boring for me.

2. EGON004

EGON004 Member Member

I was thinking the same thing when looking at the topic. To me that film had no emotion to it, lacked any chills or suspense and was just blah IMO. This guy made Close Encounters and showed he can still deliver good movies without being Academy material with Minority Report.

3. cockknocker

cockknocker Freshman Member

Shit.....Bloodrayne, Ultraviolet, A Sound of Thunder, The Brown Bunny (horrible except for Chloe what's her name's blowjob scene), my list could go on and on.....

4. Paper Pills

Paper Pills Sophomore Designer

the brown bunny would have actually been a better movie without the bj scene because then i would have not actually seen it. ken park was also disappointing on the same note.

i can saw that i was disappointed by Epi 3...as I thought that Sith was just total crap. i actually can't stand it more and more each time i watch it. i was also unimpressed with kill bill vol 2 and the matrix sequels. i really hated ballistic ecks vs sever.

5. petethemanc

petethemanc New Member Member

war of the worlds, the trailers promised so much and the movie didnt deliver.

6. lenathian

lenathian Guest

War of the worlds had a horrible ending, yes basically the whole movie was crap, and much too slow, could of been cut to be shorter and much better.. But the movie just really blows it at the end for me.. It just ends in such a horrid way....
    I could go on forever about it... But you all knwo what I mean.. I'm sure..

7. ZuqR

ZuqR New Member Member

It must be Biggles without any doubt.

IMDb

8. Sirrus79

Sirrus79 New Member Member

Ecks vs Sever ties with the worst film I've ever seen, tied with Bulletproof Monk.

9. BlackWatch

BlackWatch Sophomore Member

The Blair Witch Project for me. So much hype for the movie and it was utter crap.

10. 1996

1996 New Member Member

Hellraiser: Deader, Terminater 3, Saw II

11. Paper Pills

terminator 3 was dissappointing because of the tx. there is so much more that could have been done but have you ever noticed something about trilogies. it just dawned on me....that quite often, (though not always) a movie comes out, does well, a huge grandiose sequel is made, then if a third installment is made, it is generally scaled back a bit.

think about it...happened with the terminator series, the OT, saw, back to the future to name a few. in each of these cases, the 3rd installment focused down a bit from the 2nd installment.

12. 1996

1996 New Member Member

Good point, but I'm going to have to dissagree with you on "Saw" I think that the second installment was the worst.

13. Jens123

Jens123 New Member Member

Saw II...!

14. Paper Pills

you missed my point. i didn't mean that the second was the best...i meant that the second in a series is generally the LARGEST, most elaborate story, and grandiose in scale. they always try to make everything bigger and better in a 2nd installment. in cases like Saw 2, they fail. but then when they get to the 3rd, the always scale back. with the execption of the NT, name one set of movies where the third was larger in scale than the 2nd installmnet. LOTR doesn't count.

15. What about Panic Room... or almost anything from Jodie Foster, except Silence of the Lambs, but that was Anthony Hopkins all the way

16. Paper Pills

i liked panic room. i thought it was a good movie. flight plan was a dissapointing movie, but not because jodie foster was in it...just because it was a shitty premise and poorly done.

another big dissappointment has to be godzilla (us version)

17. Paper Pills

bulletproof monk was far superior to ballastic ecks vs. sever. ballatisc and house of 1000 suck ass corpses are the worst movies i've ever seen

18. miketardis

miketardis Sophomore Member

Lady in the Water
    The Village
    Signs
    Unbreakable
    The Sixth Sense

Notice what all the above titles have in common?

19. erico1001

erico1001 New Member Member

History of Violence. holly crap

20. Spaceball

Spaceball New Member Member

I have to say Borat. After all the good reviews, I was hoping for a funny-as-hell movie, but damn! Not my sense of houmor at all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.