Lincoln DVD label

Discussion in 'Works In Progress (WIP)' started by jafojeff, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafojeff

jafojeff New Member Member

Hi, Just finished a custom label for Lincoln and would like to know what ya think. I'm new here and haven't figured out how to officially upload yet but if this is good enough I'll upload it. Thanks for looking! Jeff.

Lincoln.jpg
    jackmorgan likes this.
  2. ptaulbee

ptaulbee New Member Member

This one is looking good, your blacks are off a little, makes it look a little washed out. The DVD logo looks good except the color clashes with the other text.

For an example, this is how I would do it, if it were me... Totally my opinion! In the end it's what looks good to you. :)

Lincexmp.jpg
  3. jafojeff

Thanks! You are right. Yours does look better. I always make them a little brighter because when I print them they actually come out too dark. I use an older Epson R280 so with a newer printer it might be ok.
  4. ptaulbee

ptaulbee New Member Member

Completely understandable, every ones systems are different. Printer, ink, and paper all effect output colors and tones. Any combo there of will have different results. Epson makes some really great printers, when I get a new one it will be this brand also! :)
  5. jafojeff

Yeah, I've had this one for 5-6 years now and have printed hundreds of dvd's with it. I like that it prints directly on the disc but the ink is kind of pricey. Was thinking about getting the new Epson Artisen model when this one starts acting up but it just won't break! Lol.
  6. DannyD0695

DannyD0695 New Member Member

I like the label its pretty good and you should try buying a label printing printer on craigslist. I got my canon pixma mp610 for only $55. retail $300
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.