Invasion of Body Snatchers BR cover

Discussion in 'Works In Progress (WIP)' started by jfcarbel, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfcarbel

jfcarbel Member Member

WIP - I did not like the DVD+Bluray banner on front and the back elements. So taking some art from a DVD cover and trying to create a custom BD

So far I removed from the DVD special features the audio commentary since its not on the BD disc.

But the issue I am runing into since my photoshop skills are beginner. Is that some of the art cannot be resized to full width of back cover. So for now you see here that it appears on top of a black background. I made note of this with the white lines in the image. So I was thinking there are 2 things that can be done. 1) soften the edges, I know there is a trick people do with cutout images of characters to make them blend in. 2) create a green like mist on back of the whole cover and still do #1 to make are blend into the green mist. If you look on front cover there is a green mist to the left and right of the title.

Now I do not know how to do either, can someone offer some tips to a noob or point to some articles.

Attached Files:

2. jfcarbel

jfcarbel Member Member

Realized I did not leave much room for credits, etc at bottom. so here is back are resized to allow for that space. Now it leaves much room to the right. So I am thinking I could put maybe 3 or 4 hi-res screen snaps here from my bluray.

Please - Thoughts? Comments? Advice?

Also any tips for taking hi-res caps and how to put them on a cover.

Attached Files:

3. jfcarbel

jfcarbel Member Member

My first custom attempt, can anyone offer a noob some help

4. ctaulbee

ctaulbee Demigod Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

Look like a good start, fill in the open space with black and figure out what your, going to add in there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.