DVD cover guides

Discussion in 'How to: Q&A' started by kingromeo, Dec 23, 2005.

1. kingromeo

kingromeo Guest

Hi, are there guides or how to for making dvd covers. I have some dvds with no covers like Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman. wanted to make my own covers. Sorry I guess I need to be spoon feed a little but I am willing to read a learn

Thanks

2. Alexx57

Alexx57 Freshman Member

plenty of sites with tutorials - just google a bit or try:

totaltraining.com
    pagecurve.com
    good-tutorials.com

cheers

3. dakewlndn

dakewlndn New Member Member

Same here, anynne know which program is the best and is free. I wanna learn a lil about creating covers B4 I fork over the dough for a decent program.

4. kunkstyle

kunkstyle New Member Member

Best and Free are two different things. I think most people around here are using either Photoshop or PSP. Neither of which are free, but churn out the best results. I believe they both offer 30-day free trials.

And asking how to make DVD covers is kind of a loaded question. It's really a matter of learning the software. Once you have a decent base knowledge of PS or PSP, it's easier to delve into cover making.

5. BlackWatch

BlackWatch Sophomore Member

Go Photoshop if you can. If not, Paint Shop Pro can usually be picked up for $20 after rebates and such.

6. Doug Casey

Doug Casey New Member Member

I recommend PaintShop Pro, it's a lot easier to use than PhotoShop.

7. Rogus

Rogus New Member Member

I prefer Photoshop, easy and fast to make Covers.

8. Cleo99

Cleo99 New Member Member

You don't need to know all the ins and outs of Photoshop to get started and over time, as you get into it, you will appreciate the power of Photoshop.

9. bitmania

bitmania New Member Member

tanks !!

10. medway

medway Guest

wheres the best place to buy photoshop cs2 and how much would i be looking at paying?

11. Thnx for the links! Soon i will try also to make covers :D

12. Lilbro

Lilbro New Member Member

Actually, just about any decent image editor will do the trick as long as it saves as JPG. I use PhotoStudio which came with my Canon CanoScan 3200F and it does just fine. A simple starting step is to create a template from a scanned cover. Select the front, spine, and back in order and fill the areas with a solid color. Then save it. From then on, if you need to do a custom cover, just get the pic, copy it to the proper side and size to fit. I print my covers out using MS Word.