Currency System

Discussion in 'Rules and FAQs' started by smoxx, May 15, 2014.

1. smoxx

smoxx Member Member

I looked through the forums but I didn't find an answer to this question so sorry if this is a repeat question.

Under the currency dropdown tab, is differentiates between "Credits" and PermCredits". What is the difference between these two types of credits?
  2. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

doesnt really apply anymore--credits can't be bought currently, the site is free --credits from either 'bank' can be used if you have them.
  3. smoxx

smoxx Member Member

Oh ok it's part of the old credit system. I'm new here so I was just wondering. Thanks for your reply.
  4. Buddy A Belew

Buddy A Belew flaminbud Member

From What I've figured out, If you log on everyday you will receive some credits. When you post a reply or review in the forums you get even more credits. So be sure when you download a cover or label to post what you think of it. The more you post the more credits you'll receive. :whisper:
  5. tuter

tuter Member Member

challenge accepted. i shall test this theory in 3 2 1.......
  6. nalla

nalla Sophomore Member

well i have posted some replies but not been given any credits, hmmm
  7. jayhawk

jayhawk Administrator Staff Member

its changed -- you dont get credit for posting --as much, you might get fractions now, but it wont be as much. you do get credits for logging in--only one time per day.
  8. liusheng

liusheng Member Member

Understand,Thank
    subzero20 likes this.
  9. subzero20

subzero20 Sophomore Member

I think site activity should be encouraged and credits are a good way of doing that. When it comes to uploading, unless you have graphics skills, it is pretty hard. Most of the retail scans have already been uploaded, and dupes arent allowed, so it leaves a user to either finding some obscure movie they have, or creating custom work. I know Im not finding many I have that arent already here, and it is usually just because i have a 'special edition' or something.
  10. Irule22

Irule22 Member Member

Yeah, was bummed it was changed from the old method to this. Loved to come on here and download the DVD covers of new Blu-Ray/DVD combo releases and print up a nice cover and take the DVD's by my grandma's home every Friday. Now, I have to search google and get inferior covers. I guess the webmaster has to make $$$ to keep the site running, just not sure how to get more credits? I'll figure it out eventually!
    madara751 and subzero20 like this.
  11. Irule22

Irule22 Member Member

How much does each cover cost to download?
  12. subzero20

subzero20 Sophomore Member

Only 1 credit per cover, but you have to earn/buy the credits. You can get 1/3 credit for every time a cover is download that you uploaded, or you can buy a subscription here...

http://r1db.com/account/upgrades