Creating thinpak from regular dvd art

Discussion in 'How to: Q&A' started by skydiverMN, Apr 26, 2007.

1. skydiverMN

skydiverMN New Member Member

So, is it okay to take a regular DVD scan and convert it into thinpak and then upload that to the site?

I'm curious because quite a few of my most recent required artwork items aren't in the thinpak size. Seeing that I've already converted them, why not share them with the world....

Thanks!

:madfawk:

2. magla

magla New Member Member

IMO why not. Yet, you can print a regular DVD cover for slim case by using DVD Cover Gold (for example) by decrease image width. The result is quite good.

3. Paper Pills

Paper Pills Sophomore Designer

we have a thinpak/conversion section. just make sure the dvd cover isn't already there and that the scan is clean and of the best quality.

4. Goman74

Goman74 New Member Member

The best way I found is by using UndercoverXP (just google it) to print out the cover, and then selecting the appropriate size of the cover. If you select Slimcase, it will automatically shrink just the spine section of the cover, so the spine won`t overlap onto the cover and will be readable. I use the program almost exclusively now.

5. krazedsuperman

krazedsuperman Member Member

Thanks goman74 for the info on undercover xp

6. Hailstorm

Hailstorm The Sarge Staff Member Site Staff

And for those who do use the program, don't post the covers here as they will be deleted, the program stretches the spine images out of proportion. I have deleted allot of covers because of this defect.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011