Blader Runner: The Final Cut

Discussion in 'DVD talk' started by halfgerman, Jul 26, 2007.

1. halfgerman

halfgerman New Member Member

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/blade-runner-the-final-cut.html

Title: Blade Runner: The Final Cut (IMDb)
    Starring: Harrison Ford
    Released: 18th December 2007
    SRP: $20.97 (2-Disc)

Further Details:
    Warner Home Video has officially announced Blade Runner: The Final Cut which has been spectacularly restored and remastered from original elements and scanned at 4K resolution. The film will be available in three stunning DVD editions: a two-disc special edition ($20.97), a four-disc collector’s edition ($34.99 SRP) and the five-disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition ($78.92 SRP) in collectible “Deckard Briefcase” packaging. Extras on the two-disc will include a commentary by Ridley Scott, a commentary by Executive Producer/ Co-Screenwriter Hampton Fancher and Co-Screenwriter David Peoples; Producer Michael Deely and production executive Katherine Haber, and further commentaries by visual futurist Syd Mead; production designer Lawrence G. Paull, art director David L. Snyder and special photographic effects supervisors Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich and David Dryer. Completing the set will be a feature length documentary revealing all the elements that shaped this hugely influential cinema landmark.

The Four-Disc Collector's Edition includes everything from the 2-Disc Special Edition plus three additional versions of the film (1982 Theatrical Version, 1982 International Version, 1992 Directors Cut), as well as an “Enhancement Archive” bonus disc of enhanced content. Features on this disc will include The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick featirette,a Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film featurette, Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews (Audio), a Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Cover Gallery, image galleries, featurettes on graphic design and wardrobe and styling, Screen Tests: Rachel & Pris, and a The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth featurette. Completing the package will be a Unit Photography Gallery, Deleted & Alternate Scenes, a 1982 Promotional Featurette, trailers and TV spots, a Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art feature, a Marketing & Merchandise Gallery, a Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard featurette, and a Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers featurette.

Lastly there will be the five-disc Ultimate Collector's Edition. This will include everything above, along with the ultra-rare, near-legendary Workprint version of the film, newly remastered. A commentary by Paul M. Sammon, author of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner will also be included, along with an All Our Variant Futures: From Workprint to Final Cut featurette. The Ultimate Collector’s Edition will be presented in a unique 5-disc digi-package with handle which is a stylish version of Rick Deckard's own briefcase, in addition each briefcase will be individually numbered and in limited supply. Included is a lenticular motion film clip from the original feature, miniature origami unicorn figurine, miniature replica spinner car, some collector's photographs as well as a signed personal letter from Sir Ridley Scott. Simultaneous HD DVD and Blu-Ray versions (each $TBD) of the “Deckard Briefcase” will also be released in numbered, limited quantities. HD DVD and Blu-Ray 5-Disc Digi Packs with collectible slipcase (each $TBD) will include all of the UCE content. Stay tuned for the official package artwork.

I'm speechless.
  2. Darth Slater

Darth Slater this is me in 1988! man crazy huh? Subscribed

man being a completest I will want the stupid $70 one...

let's hope i can find it somewhere previously viewed for 40
  3. miketardis

miketardis Sophomore Member

4. Darth Slater

is that a model of the car in the briefcase?
  5. master_shake

master_shake New Member Member

That's preeeetty.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Ridley Scott is the man. He's the first director, in my opinion, to truly embrace the DVD format and deliver the goods with supplementary material every time. Even the double-dip DVD versions of his films never duplicate the same features, making them great companion pieces to own along with the previous DVD version.
  6. stardragon

stardragon New Member Member

5 Disc Ultimate collection = MINE!!!!
  7. gbk33

gbk33 Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

now that is an Ultimate Edition
  8. cropsy13

cropsy13 New Member Member

gotta get that
  9. triplec

triplec New Member Member

never seen the movie might need to watch it
  10. Project2501

Project2501 New Member Member

Already own 2 versions of this. I'll rent it, but it will have to bo dramatically different for me to go buy it.
  11. flaminio

flaminio Freshman Member

One thing that kinda sucks about this release is that the 5-disc edition is available in a disc only format for HD DVD and Blu-Ray for cheap (~$30) but if you want it in regular old DVD, you gotta get the briefcase and stuff and pay about double.

I want the 5-disc, but I'm not yet ready to jump to an HD format, and I don't need the briefcase and other stuff -- just the discs. Bastidges.
  12. dtssyst

dtssyst New Member Member

I will be getting this but not the standard DVD set.
    I have both Blu-ray and HD-DVD.
    Not sure what format I should get.
    Either way, it will be the one in the case.
  13. blargy

blargy New Member Member

Saw the original movie, wasn't really a fan. Not into the fake, hi-tech, bad special effects type futuristic movies.
  14. zixi

zixi New Member Member

GREAT MOVIE but 5-disc it's to much!!
  15. Darth Slater

to much money? or too much disc?
  16. clonepc

clonepc Guest

a great movie, with a great actor, finaly a proper tribut
  17. Poloki

Poloki Freshman Member

I have the 4-Disc, paid $22.99 on Amazon; so money is not too much at all. So far the extras I watched are great, but 4 different versions of the movie is just tough to watch. I have only watched the original cut so far. :wacko:
  18. gbk33

gbk33 Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

All great movies should get this type respect. Not only is this a great set, it is priced accordingly for a 5 disc set. IMO
  19. Bomberman1

Bomberman1 New Member Member

The coolest ever! I must have it.
    See if i can fint some store that can send it to sweden.
  20. piolofloyd

piolofloyd Member Member

Excellent!!!!