Best DVD-R

Discussion in 'Technology' started by khbg12006, Apr 11, 2006.

1. TONKA

TONKA New Member Member

I use Taiyo Yuden had no probs what so ever :)

2. jlindemann

jlindemann Member Member

and where do you usually find the best price for your favorite DVD-R?

3. trouty

trouty New Member Member

hi i use 1 click copy pro its brilliant runs along with dvd43 in the back ground, i find that ridisk xtreme are very good and produce very few coasters. i have used Nero 7 and had trouble with it in the past so uninstalled it and used 1 CLICK COPY PRO and i have had a very smooth burning.

4. burnbabyburn

burnbabyburn New Member Designer

I also use 1 Click DVD Copy, but use ANYDVD along with it instead of dvd43. Never had a great deal of success with dvd43.

I would like to try Taiyo Yuden, but they are not available in my area. I had some success with Verbatims, but would still get occasional coasters. The biggest problem I found with Verb's is they will play fine in some dvd players but not in others. Gets to be a pain in the ass after a while.

I've been using Sony DVD-R 16X ($20.00 CDN / 50Pk-Walmart) for about a year and a half now. The only reason I even noticed them is because Digital Faq recommended them and they were readily available here. Probably burned a couple thousand discs, and may have had 5 or so coasters out of the bunch. I burn only at 4X or 6X though. What I like best about the Sony's is they work in virtually any dvd player. Never had any trouble with compatability issues with the Sony's!

5. jlindemann

jlindemann Member Member

perhaps I'll have to take a trip to walmart today and pick up a pack of Sony.

I've used CloneDVD and what I can't burn there I usually turn and use DVDCloner. DVD-Cloner tends to keep pretty updated so if a new DVD comes out I just check to make sure I have the latest version and I rarely have a problem.

I'll have to check out ANYDVD though

6. troyo

troyo Member Member

I've been using TDK printables, have not had a problem yet.

As for copying software i am currently using dvdfab platinum, which I find is very good,

7. wormraper

wormraper Freshman Scanner

I second that. DVDFab Platinum is awesome!! very well updated and superb at what it does.

8. Alien20

Alien20 New Member Member

Verbatim the best

9. alexs

alexs Freshman Member

Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or Maxell. Choose your poison.

10. DS89

DS89 Member Member

Tdk Ftw

11. BradleyR

BradleyR New Member Member

Taiyo Yuden are the best, but i normally use ridata and ritek

12. hachi

hachi New Member Member

im using anydvd + clonedvd 2 and ritek printables
    very good success rate

13. buz0340

buz0340 New Member Member

I use what I have laying around. But if I had a choice, my best luck was with Taiyo Yuden.

I use DVDShrink for my software and burn with Nero.

14. SavageNarce

SavageNarce New Member Member

The only product I have had problems with has been Memorex. I bought a 50-disk spindle of +R Dual Layers at Future Shop, and had to take it back and get a replacement. The dye layer had been corrupted - it looked like a stain in the disk - and they wouldn't write in either of my burners. I also had a similar problem with a Memorex -R and a +RW. The problem is that Memorex seem to be the least expensive disks around; it may be cheaper to throw out a couple of bad ones than to switch brands. :(

15. dymx86

dymx86 New Member Member

verbatim or taiyo yuden

16. thebeast

thebeast New Member Member

I use Taiyo Yuden disks that are manufactured by Verbatic. Not too expensive, and not have a problem ever!

17. DS89

DS89 Member Member

i use TDK

18. dvddevil

dvddevil «TOUCH ME» PLEASE Scanner

I Use DVD REBUiLDER + Sony, Verbatim Medias everything is spectacular ...

great match cant ask for more :)

19. metalyoda

metalyoda Member Member

Like most everybody else, I get the best results from taiyo yudens if I can afford them.. otherwise verbatims

20. DarkPrince86

DarkPrince86 New Member Member

Taiyo Yuden are the best to use, followed by verbatim, which i use if im burning dvd9s.

cheap ritek if im burning dvd5s though...funnily never had any problem with cheap dvd-/+rs!