Best DVD-R

Discussion in 'Technology' started by khbg12006, Apr 11, 2006.

1. khbg12006

khbg12006 New Member Member

Hi
    what do people use in software to copy dvds and what type of dvd do you use for best performance?
    I use datawrite for the disk and DVD Shrink to copy with nero
    Is it the best or ,what do you lot think out there:

2. ApolloOne

ApolloOne Site Moderator Staff Member Site Staff

For copying DVDs, I use DVD Decrypter. It's truly goof-proof, and when copying dual layer discs, it maintains the correct layer break. It's not part of your question, but when burning discs that I've authored myself, I use GEAR or Nero for single layer and GEAR alone for dual layer.

As for media, I've been using Verbatim for over six years and I wouldn't use anything else (single or dual layer). Extremely reliable.

3. woodnotes

woodnotes New Member Member

I wouldn't necessarily go for a 'brand' of media as this means very little these days. It is important to find the dye type.

If you are in the UK, try using http://svp.co.uk/ for your discs, as it lists the DYE CODE so you can find the original manufacturer of the disc before it is re-branded by the likes of Datawrite or Verbatim.

For the very best quality, I like Taiyo Yuden (TYG03), found in their own brand and Panasonic - they are much more expensive but you'll never get a coaster - especially with a Plextor drive!

Slightly cheaper but also almost as reliable is Mitsubishi (MCC 03RG20) found in some Datawrite discs.

4. Lamonic

Lamonic New Member Member

I've been using all kind of media types so far, but must really say that i've had the best results with Verbatim DVD-R... You have to be beware of fakes though... as woodnotes mentioned search for the "MCC 03RG20" manufactoring code....

5. Enigma

Enigma New Member Member

Discs that are labelled as made in Japan will typically give you excellent burns. Typically these are Verbatims or Taiyo Yuden.

6. J0nn0

J0nn0 New Member Designer

I use Ritek G05 blanks,never have any problems with them.
    I use DVDFAB DECRYPTER to rip DVD to VIDEO_TS,then use VSO COPY TO DVD to burn.
    If i have an .img i use IMGBURN.

7. wizzo

wizzo Guest

Thanks for the Uk seller tip for Taiyo Yuden.

Wizzo

8. alexs

alexs Freshman Member

I use Maxell & Verbatim. Never had a coaster. As for burning software, I use DVD Decrypter.

9. nine0nine

nine0nine New Member Member

ritek dye is generally the best for the cash, although the Taiyo Yuden are supposed to be the best, ive never bothered with em as the riteks work so well in my dvd player, ps2 and xbox

10. _legenda_

_legenda_ Member Member

I have 2 riteks with holes in it... Verbatim rules!

11. cem3203

cem3203 Member Member

TDK StrachProof is very best DVD-+R

12. Pak

Pak Member Member

I used to use Ritek g05 dye discs but have recently experienced bad quality discs, where there is holes in the dye and they wont play or skip. I now use Taiyo Yuden TYG02 printables and I have not had any problems with playback or coasters. In the UK here i get them at svp. I find there prices to be the best and you proper taiyo yuden discs not cheap imitations others sell.

13. cem3203

cem3203 Member Member

Fuji (Made in Germany) tryable, good quality

14. JupiterPrime

JupiterPrime New Member Designer

Ive used TY media before - real good stuff, but someone clued them into the fact that they make real good media and then suddenly their prices started reflecting that - they virtually doubled in price between my first order of 25 and the time those ran out

They're good, but not that good - Im fine with Ritek - excellent price and havent had a problem in a long time

15. frankieflowers

frankieflowers Member Member

I use Ritek dye G05 blanks, and I use DVD Shrink(with Nero) and DVD Fab Decrypter.

16. siyrobbo

siyrobbo Member Member

i use a combnation of taiyo yuden media, and datawrite titanium 16x full face printables. software wise i prefer dvd rebuilder pro, cce, and use alcohol 120 to burn. perfect results every time.

17. gurkmix

gurkmix New Member Member

i use stomp record now to burn whatever i need it can burn everything

as discs i use infinity

18. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger New Member Member

I only use datawrite titanium 8x full face printables. I've still got 50 ridisc extreme stored away in a cuboard that I wont use again after 45 out 0f 50 from my last spindel where coasters

19. Sinjinsu

Sinjinsu New Member Member

I use Maxell DVD-R inkjet fullface printables and a TDK 16x burner, on a Mac with Mac the Ripper and Popcorn. Hasn't failed me yet.
    :fingersx:

:headbang:

20. killaz

killaz New Member Member

Verbatim DVD-R photo-printable 16xspeed media code: MCC03RG20
    Damn good photo print on this.....