best 3d blu ray

Discussion in 'High Def and Theater talk' started by gingeee85, Jan 29, 2013.

1. gingeee85

gingeee85 Member Member

what do you guys think are the best 3d blu ray ovies. the ones i show off are always journey and yogi bear
  2. NRLFAN

NRLFAN Member Subscribed Member

I think that "Avengers" is one of the best 3D movies I have seen some people have said it is a bit dark at the start which I somewhat agree with, I run an Optoma HD83 3D DLP Projector and for audio I am running a Onkyo Tx-NR3008 Surround sound receiver running up to 11.1 channels simply amazing and really puts you in the action of the movie, The 3D visuals are outstanding with little to no crosstalk (Ghosting) this is as displayed on my Projector which is using the more superior RF 3D Shutter Glasses instead of IR Shutter Glasses which it can also use. Every display is different as I also have a Samsung TV which is very good but does suffer from some ghosting issues but good overall, where I cannot say the same for the Sony 3D tv I have it suffers really bad from ghosting and I never use the 3D Feature on it as it a big steaming piece of poo.

Some titles I think look Good

Beauty & The Beast - Conversion Excellent

The Lion King - Conversion Excellent

Alice In Wonderland - Very good depth but popup like

Journey to the centre of the earth - Excellent 3D Overall with no ghosting even in fast action scenes.

Lichtmond 1&2 (Animated Music) very good 3D overall although whites can suffer from ghosting on the tv's and ever so slightly on my projector.

Avatar - Amazing 3D as seen in cinema (Excellent if you like the movie)
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  3. CraigWally

CraigWally Member Member

Just seen Life of Pi - 3D bluray
    Amazing
  4. subzero20

subzero20 Sophomore Member

I have only seen 1 movie in 3D, and that was Alice In Wonderland. It was great. Mind you, my mates and I were under some certain mind-expanding influences, but that just made the movie even greater, you were literally in the movie.

Ive seen the movie many other times since, in 2D and sober, and it still is a great movie to watch.

My next goal would be to watch The Matrix in 3D, if only...
  5. WoGGo

WoGGo New Member Member

Here is a site that lists the movies that were actually shot or rendered in 3D, and those that aren't.

http://realorfake3d.com/
  6. NRLFAN

NRLFAN Member Subscribed Member

I bet that was an experience to be space out watching a 3D movie (Alice in wonderland) subzero20, I can imagine that it would really make you feel like your in the movie cool
  7. tuter

tuter Member Member

avengers, amazing spider-man.
  8. nenadxx

nenadxx Member Member

Avatar,Prometheus,Titanic,Pacific Rim
  9. bluedragon

bluedragon Member Member

Pacific Rim is very nice.
  10. SG1_FAN

SG1_FAN Member Member

Hugo
    A Christmas Carol
    John Carter
  11. NachoMasacre

NachoMasacre Member Member

I have a few, Pacific Rim, Predator (I LOVE that movie, almost no 3D in this version), The Hoobit, The Desolation Of Smaug and Gravity, but the best 3D is in Avatar, y remember when I watch it in 2009, and the BR version is exactly the same, great quality, great sound and the best 3D in home format in the market (as in cinemas), in my personal opinion of course.

Saludos.