Back To The Future

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by miketardis, Jun 28, 2007.

1. miketardis

miketardis Sophomore Member

BACK TO THE FUTURE (1985)
    Anyone ever heard of this one? I watched this again on cable last night. I have always loved it since I saw it in the theater but I think my appreciation for it really increases with each viewing. It is such a complex movie that Zemeckis and Gale made very easy for any audience to accept. I also think it has a brilliant message that it doesn't hit us over the head with. When I think of a summer film that makes one think while entertaining, I think BTTF might be the perfect example. Of course, the amazing cast helps as well. Everyone is great in it (well, except possibly Marty's girlfriend and Huey Lewis) but the real stand out performance for me has to be Crispin Glover as George McFly. He makes me laugh so hard ("Ah, ah, ah, ah!") every time. Thomas Wilson is also amazing as Biff. Too bad nobody saw this one in theaters and they didn't make any sequels. Hee hee.

2. Paper Pills

Paper Pills Sophomore Designer

i can't talk about this movie with my gf. she loves it...i enjoy it, but i feel the need to point out the inaccuracies of it in it...and she yells...then jorge the pug hides under the bed and i get no boom boom that night.

i have to say that for what is its...i do enjoy BTTF and the 2nd one. I didn't care for the third mainly because I didn't like the fact that Doc was so brilliant to be able to help marty get back to the future with 1800s technology...and more importantly...it sucked that he was able to build that train....that was total crap to me and only there for mushy closure.

3. Assailant

Assailant New Member Member

What a classic film... certainly one of my favourites!!!

4. Project2501

Project2501 New Member Member

Just watched the trilogy with my son for the first time. He loved them all, but "time travel makes his brain hurt".

5. ShadyLPete

ShadyLPete New Member Member

great trilogy, bought it last year at FYE for 20 bucks